Health, Fitness & Beauty

hair dye

J-net writes in Health, Fitness & Beauty

any recommendations for hair dye for dark hair which is kind to those prone to allergies?

Posted on: 13/10/2011 at 23:05

I believe you are going to be doing it yourself?

I suffer from allergies and years ago I used to colour my hair with the packs containing hydrogen peroxide. My scalp was itchy and flaking. Now I go to a local salon and they do it with a natural dye, no hydrogen peroxide and the difference is amazing.

Whatever hair colour you choose, you need to do 24 hr skin test. You read in the papers of people suffering extreme reactions to hair colour, even death.

Posted on: 17/10/2011 at 00:05

i read about one just a week ago who died from an allergy to hair dye. Have you tried a henna based product?

Posted on: 17/10/2011 at 18:29

thanks for that. goodness me I had no idea it could be that dangerous! Must admit havent always done the skin patch test but will be from now on

Posted on: 18/10/2011 at 23:01

Sanotint do an anti allergy one might be worth a try

Posted on: 19/10/2011 at 22:27

There is an article in todays Daily Mail about how harmful hair dye is-full of carcinogens. The darker the colour, the worst it is.

The only product on the market which is very popular in the UK is Naturtint, free of all toxins as it uses vegetable colour. I decided to get some from Amazon.co.UK as delivery is around 5/6 pounds per order.

Posted on: 20/10/2011 at 10:23

I got the Naturtint colour this morning and died my hair-worked really well, covering all grey roots, no stinging.

Unfortunately even this one contains phenylenediamines which can cause allergic reaction. So, I popped an antihistamine pill in my mouth, just incase and attacked the grey roots.

Posted on: 15/12/2011 at 14:05

Latest Blog

the one where we drove to Abruzzo

From the blog, In the Mouth of the Wolf

We drove to Abruzzo this weekend to hike to the Corno Grande, the highest peak in the Apennine Mount... Read more

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us

Content Sponsor

Bupa Global

This Summer, get a FREE quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family: 24 hour... Find out more...