Families & Kids

donations

Diane123 writes in Families & Kids

anyone know where i can donate gently used childrens clothing? we are currently stating close to St Pauls

Posted on: 09/11/2011 at 12:06

My neighborhood has several large yellow metal containers (similar in size to the garbage) on the street that are marked for used clothing for the poor.

Posted on: 10/11/2011 at 08:21

I always put anything we have in those yellow containers- think they are operated by Caritas?

Posted on: 10/11/2011 at 23:20

Am new in Rome with children below 7, I could get them if they are appropriate for their ages.

Posted on: 15/11/2011 at 18:04

Ssali, i have already put my clothes in a yellow container, sorry! but message me the ages and gender of your kids and if i have anything suitable to donate over the next few months, they are all yours if you can collect.

Posted on: 15/11/2011 at 19:20

for future reference there is also a charity based in Balduina which takes childrens clothes, prams etc. I can find out the name if you are interested.Its just off Piazza Balduina

Posted on: 16/11/2011 at 23:43

I take all unwanted but good stuff to the nuns who run some kind of shelter for poor families. I refuse to put them in the yellow containers as I often see people pull stuff out of them, and who knows, they might sell it on.

Posted on: 22/11/2011 at 16:04

Latest Blog

the one where qualified electricians willing to work in a timely fashion need not apply

From the blog, In the Mouth of the Wolf

Given the decidedly positive slant towards Italy that my blog has ended up taking, one would think a... Read more

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us

What's On

Free Vatican Museums

Free entrance at the Vatican Museums the last Sunday of each month.

More Details