Families & Kids

Playgrounds

cyoung writes in Families & Kids

We may be moving to Casa Polloco area of Rome in a few months. Is there many playgrounds, zoos or other places for children to play? Do kids ride bicycles there?

Posted on: 10/02/2007 at 16:39

Hi,

If you have to live in Rome with kids, Casal Palocco is (in my opinion) about the best place to be. Housing is cheaper than the centre, so you are likely to be able to afford a place with a garden and a good amount of internal space. There are lots of playgrounds and the area is nice and green. Kids do cycle (my 3-year old bikes to nursery) although you have to avoid certain busy roads. There are lots of shops within walking distance so you don't have to get in the car every time you need to run an errand. The other advantage is being only a couple of miles from the beach.

The main disadvantages are the heavy traffic into/out of the centre at rush hour, meaning a tiresome commute, and of course that you are not right in the heart of historic Rome.

If you want more info on the area before you move, please feel free to e-mail me.

Alison

Posted on: 11/02/2007 at 17:20

I live in Casal Polocco and enjoy going to the Olgiata golf club in the neighbourhood. You should definitely sign up if you are going to be in the area any length of time. A great place to make new friends. sebastian

Posted on: 16/02/2007 at 08:51

So how was the move? Are you fully installed in Rome yet? What are your first impressions?

Posted on: 19/02/2007 at 16:39

What's On

Walk and Taste in the Bracciano area

Guided walks around Lake Bracciano including a stop at a milking room and dairy which produces organic goats cheese. The initial part is a 3.5 km walk while...

More Details

Festival of Sacred Music and Art - Basilica di Santa Maria Maggiore

One of a series of concerts played in a selection of Basilicas throughout the city to mark the 13th edition of this international music festival. Featuring...

More Details
Become Member List your Business Blog For Us