Families & Kids

Playgrounds

cyoung writes in Families & Kids

We may be moving to Casa Polloco area of Rome in a few months. Is there many playgrounds, zoos or other places for children to play? Do kids ride bicycles there?

Posted on: 10/02/2007 at 16:39

Hi,

If you have to live in Rome with kids, Casal Palocco is (in my opinion) about the best place to be. Housing is cheaper than the centre, so you are likely to be able to afford a place with a garden and a good amount of internal space. There are lots of playgrounds and the area is nice and green. Kids do cycle (my 3-year old bikes to nursery) although you have to avoid certain busy roads. There are lots of shops within walking distance so you don't have to get in the car every time you need to run an errand. The other advantage is being only a couple of miles from the beach.

The main disadvantages are the heavy traffic into/out of the centre at rush hour, meaning a tiresome commute, and of course that you are not right in the heart of historic Rome.

If you want more info on the area before you move, please feel free to e-mail me.

Alison

Posted on: 11/02/2007 at 17:20

I live in Casal Polocco and enjoy going to the Olgiata golf club in the neighbourhood. You should definitely sign up if you are going to be in the area any length of time. A great place to make new friends. sebastian

Posted on: 16/02/2007 at 08:51

So how was the move? Are you fully installed in Rome yet? What are your first impressions?

Posted on: 19/02/2007 at 16:39

Recent Classifieds and Discussions

Latest Discussions

Essentials

Maps

Useful local maps covering all key areas of Rome

Read More...

Useful Tools

Link To Us

Link your website to AngloINFO to allow your users to access reliable, relevant information quickly and easily.

Read More...

Featured Business

Bupa - free quote for your international health insurance

Click on the website link for a free quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family:... Read more...

Moneycorp

If you need to send money overseas Moneycorp, the exchange experts, can help you make your money... Read more...

Useful Tools

Get Listed

If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Rome, you can list it in the Business Directory free of charge

Read More...

What's On

Youth Group activities and worship

Youth Group activities and worship held every first and third Sunday of the month lasting approximately 45 minutes.

More Details

Essentials

Emergency Numbers in Rome

Find out vital information on who to call and what to do in an emergency...

Read More...