Sport & Leisure

rucksack - type and where from?

Joanne writes in Sport & Leisure

I'm thinking about dumping my old suitcase and getting a large rucksack, working on the basis it leaves hands free when travelling with child! Can anyone recommend a make and model and where to get one from? Thanks Joanne

Posted on: 08/03/2008 at 19:24

I have a Hedgren rucksack and it is really comfortable on the back, good straps and extremely well made.I saw some Hedgren luggage in a luggage shop in either Roma Est or Porta di Roma shopping centres, can not remember well which one exactly.

www.hedgren.com

Regards

MPC

Posted on: 09/03/2008 at 18:41

thanks for this, good excuse to go to the shopping centre for an afternoon! Joanne

Posted on: 09/03/2008 at 21:27

Any ideas of any camping style outdoors type shops anyone which stocks rucksacks? All the luggage shops I have been to don't seem to stock the large style rucksack I am afterJoanne

Posted on: 14/03/2008 at 21:21

Have you tried Decathlon? I don't know for sure that they have big rucsacs, but they have almost everything else for walking and camping, so I would have thought it was worth a try. Good prices too!

Alison

ps mine is a Karrimor which I bought 15 years ago to go InterRailing as a student - I now use it for exactly what you plan to use yours for - to keep my hands free when travelling on my own with the children.

Posted on: 15/03/2008 at 21:24

Content Sponsor

CIGNA

Moving abroad? Get top quality international health insurance from CIGNA Global Health Options....
Find out more...

Moneycorp

If you need to send money overseas Moneycorp, the exchange experts, can help you make your money...
Find out more...

Bupa Global

This Summer, get a FREE quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family: 24 hour...
Find out more...

Become Member List your Business Blog For Us

Content Sponsor

CIGNA

Moving abroad? Get top quality international health insurance from CIGNA Global Health Options.... Find out more...

Moneycorp

If you need to send money overseas Moneycorp, the exchange experts, can help you make your money... Find out more...

Bupa Global

This Summer, get a FREE quote for worldwide health cover for you and your family: 24 hour... Find out more...

Essentials

Public Holidays in Rome

Key information about the national public holidays in Italy as well as local public holidays in Rome

Read More...

Become a Member

Register to become a member of AngloINFO Rome

Registering with AngloINFO is quick and simple and gives you a lot of additional opportunities to benefit from AngloINFO's many services. It's also completely free of charge.

Read More...

Useful Tools

Get Listed

If your business or non-profit organisation is based within Rome, you can list it in the Business Directory free of charge

Read More...